Friday, February 15, 2008

Letter to a Bean


Dear Bean,

Hey nugget! How are you doing in there? I read on the internet today that you are as big as a lime now. That's pretty big for a baby who's not even 11 weeks old yet! You seem to be growing sOoOoOo fast, although people can't tell that I'm pregnant yet. I wonder how much longer it'll be before we start "showing"...?

Your Dad & I have started to tell people about you & everyone is so excited to meet you! Your Mom-Mom, Pop-Pop & Nonna are going to be some of your favorite people in the world. They are going to shower you with so much love that you aren't going to know what to do with it all:) We are very lucky to have them in our family. They were SO happy when we told them about you last weekend! Your Nonna said that she can't wait to start knitting blankets & all sorts of other cool things for you...and your Mom-Mom made sure that I left one of your ultrasound pictures with her so that she could look at it & smile from time to time:)

So yesterday was Valentine's Day & we went to a fancy dinner with our friends to celebrate it. We told them about you while we were there! They are going to be your Uncle Ry & Auntie Jo and you are going to love them very much! Your Aunt Nat was the first friend that we told about you, back on January 19th. We made an iron-on transfer onesie for her to unwrap that said, "If you think I'm cute, you should see my Aunt Nat!" She loved it! She will be another of your favorites, I'm sure:)

You are going to have *lots* of cool aunts & uncles. You are going to be a very lucky little baby. I hope that you love all of us as much as we already love you.

After we got home from our dinner last night, your Dad gave me a Valentine's Day present. It was a "fill-in-the-blanks" baby book! We read through it together before bed & it is very cute. We can't wait to fill in all of the fun facts about you!

Well, baby...be well in there. I love you and will be seeing you soon.

Love,
Mom

4 comments:

Nat said...

Dear little Bean,

I am going to try to leave you a comment without any typos. This will be hard. I am very excited and have been very excited from the moment that your mom told me about you! I can't wait to hold my little neice/nephew in my arms! The onesie that your mom and dad made me is right, I am cute, but I will be infintely cuter with you next to me:)

I hope you are chillin in there...enjoy it! Take your time, be kind to your mom in there and grow healthy and strong! I hope you already feel the love that everyone is sending your way.

I can't wait for September to finally meet you!!!

Love,
aunt nat:)

markndawn said...

Oh my gosh! You have to read "Sippy cups are not for Chardonnay". It is a must-read & hysterical too!

Bee Girl said...

Oh...you & I should totally trade prego books!! Did you read Jenny McCarthy's books yet? I have both Belly Laughs & Baby Laughs. They are sooooo flipping hysterical!!

markndawn said...

Yep I've read belly Laughs in just under 3 hours! I couldn't put the book down. I'll have to borrow your Baby Laughs & you can borrow mine :)