Tuesday, September 1, 2009

*September*

Dear Bean,

Last year at this time, your Daddy & I were wondering when you would make your Grand Arrival. We were only 7 days away from your "due date"...and sOoOoOoOo excited to meet you!

Now you're here...and not only are you HERE...but you're this wonderful, charming little girl......so full of personality that I practically burst with love every time you smile at me:)

You have been learning things faster than I can keep up with these days...and its so overwhelming & amazing & exciting...all at the same time!

Your Mom-Mom taught you to play Patty Cakes & now you clap and giggle about it ALL the time!

You love to put the colored balls & shapes into their proper spots in your Chicco walker/push toy. Sometimes one of the balls will roll away from you & you will crawl after it & actually carry it back with you as you make your way back to the toy. What a big girl you are!!

You love Daddy & I to read to you and I notice you sometimes playing with your books on your own & pointing at the pictures the way we do when we're reading. Its so amazing the way you love to imitate us & play "pretend" already!

You're pulling up on everything you can these days...including me! You love to hold on to the side of the coffee table & kind of *cruise* along the side of it. You aren't walking yet but I don't imagine it will be long before you are! I will admit that this both excites & worries me...very much;-)

Its just been SUCH an honor watching you grow into the bubbling little happy person you are:) I am so proud of what a smiley, easy-going kid you are & feel so lucky to be your Mommy!

In less than 2 weeks, you will be turning ONE & 2 days after that, we will have a big party at our house to celebrate! I know that you won't remember it...but I hope that you have a wonderful time eating cake for the first time & being lavished with love & balloons & presents.

I just wanted to do something to celebrate your 1st year of life...because its been a great one & you deserve it. You are truly the coolest kid in the universe & your Daddy and I love you more than any words could ever describe.

xoxo
Your Mama

1 comment:

Erin said...

you are such a poignant writer, michelle :)

love the pic of her gazing out the window...soaking up the wonders of the world.

oxoxox