Tuesday, June 23, 2009

*Stella's Room*

My friend Angie has been asking me to post pictures of Stella's nursery FOREVER (as in, since before Stella was born) & I haven't gotten around to it until now.

Oddly enough...but like most things in my life...it's still not technically done.

I still have to decide what to do with the big wall behind her crib...(vinyl letters? photo collage?)...figure out where to hang the framed Picasso print that's been leaning against her dresser for the past month...and possibly buy an area rug of some sort.

But for now...

For you, Angie...and anyone else who happens to care...here are a few glimpses into Stella's room at this particular moment in time.


My mom gave me this silver ABC/123 plate. I love it. It was mine when I was a baby:)

I know that you are supposed to take their mobile down at something like 6-months but I love her stars & don't see myself parting with them anytime soon.

This was the very first thing we hung in her room.

Baby's 1st Pearl Jam poster:)

I bought it years ago. Well, traded someone 3 other PJ posters for it, actually.

I just loved it because I always dreamed of having a little girl of my own...and it was TOO perfect that its color scheme ended up matching Stella's room so well:~)


It was Rob's idea to put her Sweet Dreams plaque above the door.

I was iffy about it at first but now I like that its there every night as I shut the door after putting her to bed:)

The way that this mirror complements the design of her bedding makes me happy.

Her crib is really beautiful but we had to buy extra fabric & rig the crib bumpers so that we could use them on it because the wood is so thick that the tie-things wouldn't reach around it to be tied!

I thought I'd treat Stella to her first rocking horse ride & snap a quick photo to go along with the rest of the photos of her room...


She wasn't really too sure about it yet though;-)

We'll have to re-visit him another day!

1 comment:

Angie said...

so cool! I love the PJ poster and the 2 tone paint job. funny about the mobile too, Gus has one of those crib canopies over his bed and I haven't taken that down either. it's a great room- you guys did an awesome job!