Wednesday, April 23, 2008

24 hours...and counting!


We've officially reached the 24-hour mark for our Big Ultrasound countdown! Tomorrow morning at this time Rob & I will be at the hospital, looking at our Baby Bean for the first time since January:)

And I am in my 21st week now, officially having passsed the halfway point! This is all so overwhelming; I can hardly contain my excitement:)

I have been feeling really good these days, short of this weird finger numbing "pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome" I get from time to time. Oh & I got a "charley horse"/muscle cramp in my left leg the other day for the first time ever. Apparently this is a common occurence for pregnant women...but man...it hurt like you would NOT believe!

I finally bought my first pair of maternity jeans at Old Navy & must admit that I love them. I'm going to have to start shopping for some maternity work pants in the next few days too because everything is getting tight in the waist...

Rob & I are in the process of looking up lullabye guitar tab so that he can play songs for baby, both before & after (s)he is born:) Apparently from 5 months on, their ears are fully formed & functional enough that they can hear everything...even outside the womb...so we've decided that its now time for Daddy to start the line of communication in the way he knows best;-)

Updated belly pix & ultrasound pix will be forthcoming in the next few days, so be sure to stay tuned...

Wish us luck tomorrow!!!

...xoxo...


P.S. www.thenest.com says baby is a "cantaloupe" now. Awwww:)

3 comments:

Ursula said...

I'm so excited for you guys, I can't wait to hear the news!

cramping legs are very very normal and they can get really painful (probably like the one you felt the other day)...I never really found anything that helped with those other than a lot of walking when they happened and Mike used to rub my legs to warm them up and sometimes that would work.

I hope you dont get many of those my friend :)

it's less than 24 hours to go! WOO HOO

xo
Urs,

markndawn said...

How exciting! Definitely text me when you find out what the sex is. I'm so curious if the Chinese Gender Chart is correct once again.
Hey did Rob tell ya about the cd's we bought a couple months ago? The lullaby musical renditions. They are so cool, we have Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Tool, & Metalica. I think their called Rockabye baby or something like that.

Bee Girl said...

Urs: Thanks so much for the leg cramp tips! I hope I don't get
many of them, either...

Dawn: Yes! Rob did mention those Rockabye Baby CDs to me:) We are going to pick up a few of them for our bean as well. What a cool idea they are:)