Thursday, April 30, 2009

Stella Bee: Week 33

Stella was born on a Thursday & ever since then, every Thursday in my day planner has been marked with a number corresponding to the number of weeks she's been alive. Today is number 33:)

I don't have a ton of time to sit at the computer these days & write the kinds of letters I did to her when she was still in my belly...but I DO want her to be able to look back & know what she was doing during this crazy/wonderful whirlwind of her 1st year of life.

And so...that brings me to the following list of All Things Stella, in no particular order:)

* You are 7 & 1/2 months old now...otherwise known as 33 weeks.

* You're not crawling yet...but you sure like to "creep" when you're on your belly!! If I put you down onto the floor & look away for a few minutes, when I look back you are always in a different spot than where I put you down........but its always backwards that you've moved:)

* You still drinks lots of breast milk every day. You also eat oatmeal cereal almost every day. You are such a good eater:) So far, you've tried the following (organic/pureed) fruits & veggies: sweet potatoes, peas, butternut squash, green beans, lentils, carrots, apples, bananas, mangos, peaches, pears, apricots, strawberries & blueberries. You like the green beans & lentils the least so far & pretty much LOVE everything else:)

* We let you occasionally take a small sip or 2 of water from a cup. You don't hold it yet but you do a pretty good job of sipping from it when we hold it for you:)

* You are still saying "Da-Da" pretty much all day, every day:) I've noticed you saying "Gi-Gi" lately, too...which I think might be your manifestation of the word "Doggie" since I say it to you all the time, whenever Casey and Lucy are around:) I haven't heard the all-important "Ma-Ma" yet, though!

* Your hair is still "peach fuzz" at best...and I must admit that when Daddy & I see tiny babies with lots of hair now, we giggle at them secretly because they look so silly to us! We're just so used to seeing your bald little head, I guess;-)

* You smile at EVERYTHING:) Some of your favorites are: other babies (in person and in magazines/books), your grandparents, your own reflection in the mirror and Casey & Lucy.

* You don't have any teeth yet.

* You've only been sick once so far & that was with a cold a couple of months ago. You were sneezing & had a runny nose for about 4 days or so. We didn't have to take you the doctor's or anything, luckily.....you just got better all on your own:)

* Daddy still gives you a bath around 7:00pm every night in your baby tub in our kitchen sink. Then he dresses you in a comfy sleeper & its off to bed! Your bedtime is still 7:30pm & you still wake up between 7 and 8am almost every day:)

* You wiggle your arms nervously when you're anxious & although I know I shouldn't think so...I find it adorable:)

* As of April 17th, you were 26 1/2 inches long & you weighed 14 pounds, 8 ounces. We don't take you back to see Dr. Trotsky again until the middle of June for your 9-month appointment.

* We call you by your given name some of the time...but lots of times we like to call you other silly names...

Pumpkin.
Munchkin.
Peanut.
Peanut Brittle.
Stellaphant.
Pum-Pum.
Stell-Bee.

...just to name a few;-)

* The first time we noticed you doing it was at 4 days old & you used it to learn to soothe yourself back to sleep & let us know when you were tired for months.......but you stopped sucking your thumb a couple of weeks ago. Even though I know its probably for the best...I would be lying if I said that I didn't already miss it. It was just about the cutest thing, ever.

...xoxo...

1 comment:

Lisa P said...

You are so wonderful taking in each and every minute with your baby and family. I am so happy for you guys!